in

Welsh Tory candidate edited Sachin Tendulkar and David Beckham interviews so it looked like she had interviewed them


A Welsh Conservative Senedd candidate posted a video of her work as a TV presenter to YouTube which looked like she had carried out exclusive interviews with former England football captain David Beckham and ex-cricket star Sachin Tendulkar.

In the video, which she described as a “presenter reel”, Natasha Asghar says: “I am joined with a man who just recently announced his retirement and is giving us an exclusive interview – the one and only Sachin Tendulkar.”

Appearing to address the cricketer offscreen, she continues: “Sachin, why are you saying farewell to a game that loves you and that you clearly love as well?”

Tendulkar is then shown on screen saying: “I think after 24 years the body is complaining, I must say. It’s not easy to wake up every morning and feel that your body is fit and fine.”

Shortly after, Ms Asghar appears to address Beckham offscreen, saying: “David, my final question is how would you like to be remembered by your sea of fans all across the world?”

There is then a shot of Beckham, who says: “I just want people to see me as a hardworking footballer, someone that’s passionate about the game and someone that, every time I stepped on the pitch, I’ve given everything that I have.”

But in fact the interviews were not carried out by Ms Asghar at all.

The interview with Tendulkar appeared on the BBC and that with Beckham on Sky Sports.

Ms Asghar had no involvement in either.

Both men retired from their respective sports in 2013.

In May Ms Asghar will be standing for the Welsh Conservatives on the party’s regional list for South Wales East.

She is in second position on the list and according to the latest YouGov poll released on Monday is likely to win a seat in the Senedd.

“Presenter reels” or “show reels” are compilation videos that showcase a broadcaster’s past work for the benefit of TV channels that may employ them or other potential employers.

When we asked Ms Asghar why she had pretended to interview the two sporting stars when she hadn’t, she said: “I was asked to put something together by someone. I was just showing that someone my editing skills.

“I didn’t mean to suggest I had done the interviews. It was just for editing purposes.

“There was no intention to deceive anyone on my part. I only put it up on YouTube yesterday or the day before. I will take it down.”

After speaking to the Western Mail, Ms Asghar changed the setting of the video on YouTube to private. Those trying to access it found a message which said: “This video is private. If the owner of this video has granted you access, please sign in.”

Ms Asghar is the daughter of the late Welsh Conservative MS for South Wales East Mohammad Asghar, who died suddenly in June last year.

She used to work for her father at his regional office in Newport, although no reference to that appears on her Linked In account, where she is described as a “TV presenter, Host, Author, Producer at Number 59 Productions, Youtube Creator, Voice Over Artist and Agony Aunt”.

Her profile states: “I’m an ambitious,honest and hard working young woman who has worked in an array of media,financial and political institutions.

“Having gained a lot of media experience, I believe that I am able to deal with an [sic] issues on screen, in print media and also on radio too.”

She states that she works as a TV presenter for the shopping channel QVC.

The Welsh Conservative Party did not wish to comment.





Source link

Friends, this isn’t the time to be complacent. If you are ready to fight for the soul of this nation, you can start by donating to elect Joe Biden and Kamala Harris by clicking the button below.

                                   

Thank you so much for supporting Joe Biden’s Presidential campaign.

What do you think?

Politixia

Written by Politixia

Leave a Reply

Avatar

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Schmuhl defeats Wallace to lead Indiana Democratic Party | Reporter Times

Second Gentleman Doug Emhoff visits Blair hospital