Monkeypox outbreak: headlines
– More than 250 confirmed and suspected cases of monkeypox from 16 countries reports WHO
– WHO’s Maria van Kerkhove describes monkeypox outbreak as “containable situation”
– Monkeypox outbreak will not lead to lockdowns, says expert
– Roche develops three test kits able to detect monkeypox
– One confirmed case and four suspected cases in US, CDC says on Monday
– California health officials announce suspected case in Sacramento County
– US government orders $119 million of smallpox vaccine Jynneos – does it protect against monkeypox?
– Moderna starts clinical trials on monkeypox vaccine
– UK’s Health Security Agency confirms 14 more cases in England
– WHO doesn’t see need for mass vaccination, isolation and contact tracing should suffice
Helpful information & links:
– Monkeypox symptoms: fever, malaise, headache, and sometimes sore throat and cough, and lymphadenopathy.
– Everything you need to know about Monkeypox.
– Mokeypox: How does it spread? Does it require sexual contact?
Related AS USA articles:
Friends, this isn’t the time to be complacent. If you are ready to fight for the soul of this nation, you can start by donating to elect Joe Biden and Kamala Harris by clicking the button below.
Thank you so much for supporting Joe Biden’s Presidential campaign.